Call for Workshops & Sessions
We invite proposals for workshops and sessions to the EnviroInfo 2018, held in Garching near Munich, on September 5-7, 2018 at Leibniz Supercomputing Centre (LRZ).
Submission deadline: January 18th, 2018
Extended submission deadline: March 3rd, 2018
Proposals should be written in English and not exceed four pages in length. Proposals should contain:
1. Motivation and objectives of the workshop
- ~300 words with the motivation and objectives of the workshop topic. (Note: If your workshop is accepted then this description will be used as early publicity for the workshop.)
- A more detailed discussion of the anticipated outcomes of the workshop (e.g., open research problems to pursue, validation objectives, empirical studies, etc.).
2. Workshop format and required services
- What will be the format for the workshop (e.g., paper presentation and discussion, posters, keynotes, breakout sessions, panel-like discussions, experiments, or a combination thereof)?
- How do you plan to make the workshop interactive and result-oriented?
- Which roles and responsibilities will you assign to participants during the workshop (e.g., presenter, discussant, facilitator, etc.)?
- What are the requirements in terms of rooms, equipment, and support staff (i.e., student volunteers)?
- Workshop organizers can work with the workshop chairs to specify the services and facilitation support that they wish to employ.
3. Target audience
- What backgrounds should the workshop attendees have?
- What is the range (min, max) for number of attendees for the workshop?
- Is the workshop open to all conference participants or by invitation only?
- What mix of industry and research participants is being sought?
4. Workshop contributions and evaluation
- What types of contribution are being solicited for the workshop (e.g., full papers, position papers, posters, demos, experiments, or other interactive sessions)?
- What type of evaluation process will be used?
- For scientific workshops that solicit submissions: The potential program committee (i.e., how large will the PC reviewing the papers be)?
- How do you intend to evaluate the level of success and type of contribution of the workshop itself?
5. Workshop duration
- Indicate if you plan for a half-day workshop or a full-day workshop.
Please submit your workshop proposal to email@example.com before March 3rd, 2018.
Duties of workshop organizers
- Write a summary of the workshop on 1-2 pages to be included in the conference proceedings.
- Responsible for managing papers for the workshop, including designing a submission and selection process.
- If the workshop has proceedings, cooperate with the publication chair on this.
Evaluation Criteria All workshop proposals will be reviewed by the workshop chairs and they will come up with a suggestion to the program chair and general chairs, who will take final decision. Acceptance will be based on:
- Relevance to the conference topics (See the description/background information at the conference site)
- Evaluation of the workshop’s potential to advance the state of research and/or practice or bridging disciplines, between research and practice.
- Potential for attracting an appropriate number of participants
- Organizers’ ability to lead a successful workshop
- Overall composition of the workshop topics